I am incredibly happy and proud to announce that the Ponycon comic is now available in print! You’ll be able to grab a copy at Ponycon and see the conclusion to New Beginnings~!
Working on New Beginnings was difficult but satisfying experience, teaching me a lot about making comics, telling stories, and what’s needed to be a professional comic artist. I’m honored that the folks at Ponycon gave me the opportunity to tell the story of their mascots- I love Mirage, Bowtie, and Tiebreaker so much and I hope I’ll be able to tell more of their stories in the future.
And of course, the comic wouldn’t have been possible without the work and effort of JadedJynx, who designed Tiebreaker and Mirage, and Crowne Prince, who came up with the initial script and draft of the story!
This weekend, I’ll be at Ponycon, so come and see me there!
And if you’re someone who’s commissioned me- after Ponycon, I will have no more obligations keeping me from working on what I owe you. Thank you all again so much for your immense amounts of patience as I worked on the comic. You can be sure that the skills I’ve improved working the comic will feed back into the work I make for you.
See you at Ponycon 2017!
Crowne Prince made a fantastic animation detailing Mirage’s backstory and some of her antics right before the New Beginnings comic! Do check it out, it’s pretty awesome~
Being a gamer, I feel a strong kinship with Tiebreaker. Would we enjoy the same time of games? Would we engage in arguments about consoles vs. PCs? Would we agree that Deus Ex is one of the best games of all time? Probably!
I’ve been hard at work with Ponycon, especially with the comic (which you can read here: http://ponycon.us/comic). Y’all should come! It’ll be a ton of fun, and you’ll be able to see MEEEEEEEEE!! I’ll be part of the Riffing Rainbow panel, the RiffPonies panel, and I’ll be hosting my own panel, regarding the making of the Ponycon comic, New Beginnings!
In fact, I’ve gotten my hooves on a promo code you can use. The code gives you a 25% discount on everything on the site! The code is: ACESENTIAL25
1. A giraffe TF I did for a friend who is very fond of giraffes (you know who you are). Gave me an opportunity to play around with Clip Studio Paint’s perspective grid as well as some dramatic foreshortening.
3. One of the reasons why I give Eris a much longer snout is because while tiny snoot Eris is cute, she can’t really snap into a feral ferociousness mode and be scary as fuck. A more full-snouted Eris can still be cute, but can snap into AHHH HOLY FUCK whenever she wants.
Hence, dragony snoot! Referenced some vore art to get this angle down.
4. Nightmare Mooooooooooooooon. I’m finding out I may have a thing for the more villainous pones of MLP.
5. Asked for some quick TF suggestions. I got Lyra and Minuette. I used the friends who gave the suggestion as the TF vics =3
6. [THE LAST RALEK]. Some conversations with @ralek-arts had led to some comparisons between Ralek and the creature in The Last Guardian, Trico. So I doodled this cute little thing.
7. a Twipunk TF/TG using myself as a subject, after @trialsoflust sent me a Twipunk drawing done by Evehly (http://evehly.deviantart.com/art/Punk-Twi-631363963). Decided to draw a quickie TF/TG sketch based on it. Since this drawing is based on someone else’s work without having gotten explicit permission from them, this drawing won’t leave the sketch phase (apologies to Evehly if she ever chances across this).
AND NOW IT’S SHADED AND FX’D UP!
Hope y’all like.
Eris TF/TG. Yeeeh~
Always love me some mind breaking, spontaneous chaos noodling.
S’more Eris TF/TG lovin’. Expect this inked and colored at one point.